Jun 30, 2009

Shooting photos in my kitchen at home

As we speak, Barbara and I are working on a new cookbook we're calling Fast and Fabulous Soups, Salads, and Sandwiches which will be the cookbook to follow up Fast and Fabulous Party Foods and Appetizers in our newest series. It will also be our first one to have a color-photo section.


So last week I flew my QVC food stylist, Bobbi Cappelli, down here to Mississippi to lend her talents and expertise. We set up shop in my own house in Brandon.
What fun! After all, the book is made up of recipes from real people -- so why not take the photos in a real home kitchen?


We shopped and cooked and arranged and photographed for the three days she was here. There was hardly any counter space left in my kitchen with all the fixin' goin' on!



Photographer Greg Campbell (above left) and our production designer Cyndi Clark (below right) arranged the shots while Bobbi (above right) styled the food, and Barbara and I were the su-chefs and gophers.


Believe me, there was a whole lotta work and coordination going on in my kitchen. The best part was sitting down to eat the props!
The book will be introduced by QVC sometime in early fall. I'll put a picture of the cover on here as soon as I get it.
~Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment